At Revolution, we’ve been in the business since 2005 and have seen different trends come and go but plant based meals as a concept is gaining in popularity. This isn’t a bad thing if it’s done in a sensible and balanced way.
It’s easy to get sucked into new fads and to try everything that’s new and popular on the diet market but it’s worth remembering that many of the health and weight loss ‘solutions’ can be gimmicks with minimal results.
Here are our key nutritional principles for maintaining good health and achieving fat loss whilst following a vegan diet plan:
- Eat more fruit and vegetables because they are rich in antioxidants and micro-nutrients (vitamins and minerals)
- Eat plenty of protein for repair of lean tissue and to keep you feeling full (protein satisfies the appetite more than any other macronutrient) Protein is found in spinach, hemp, broccoli, avocado, tofu, peas, beans, tempeh, soya, wholegrain bread and almond milk. We also recommend taking a vegan protein supplement such as pea/hemp protein powder.
- Heathy fats are an important part of a balanced diet – found in chia sees, flax seeds, avocado, coconut, nuts & olive oil.
- Drink lots of water to keep hydrated throughout the day and help manage cravings
- For fat loss to work you need to be in a calorie deficit which simply means eat less and move more. You have to burn more calories than you consume to be in a deficit.
- Limit processed foods, sugary foods and drinks, fried foods and preservatives
We know that any kind of meal plan has to be straightforward and enjoyable, so we’ve developed a whole range of Vegan recipes for you to try. All our recipes are quick, easy and tasty and they are all complete with a full macro nutrient and calorie breakdown. Don’t just take our word for it, below is a selection of our recipes, extracted from our 100 vegan recipe cookbook.
- Coconut overnight oats
- Mediterranean quinoa salad
- Indulgent chocolate smoothie
- Mexican lentil stuffed peppers
P.S If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the book, please drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org